This week we covered two different things in the lectures. Firstly, we discussed the recursive algorithm to move cheeses from a source stool, to a destination stool that is required in A1. However, I’ll talk more about A1 next week, when it’s actually due! The second topic we learned was namespaces and scopes. The key thing that I learned this week was that two functions that have an identical name, are unrelated if they are stored in separate namespaces. The scope is the area in which a namespace is accessible, which is searched for the name. This is why in A1, TOAHModel has a move() function, and ConsoleController also has a move function, and they can interact without any problems because they are stored in different namespaces.
Other then that, this week wasn’t too bad and I am fairly confident about the material covered. I'm sure I'll have more to talk about next week, when our first assignment is due!
No comments:
Post a Comment